Wednesday, April 25, 2012

you've gotta love days like this.

today is an awesome day. sun is shining, some drunk guy is singing right under our window.. and we got a day off from school to prepare a presentation for the ecology class. and obviously, i was doing anything but looking up information about bio stuff and its effects on people and the environment. :D

after getting up really late, taking a nice long shower and watching a few episodes of Doctor Who, i decided to go somewhere to get a coffee and read. my original plan was to go to mamacoffee, one of my favorite places to read.. but then (since i decided to wear my new shoes-not a good idea if you intend to walk somewhere) i ended up in Costa coffee which is much closer to my dorms. i got a medium americano with cinnamon.. and i read. i bought this awesome book last week - King's cross by Timothy Keller who is one of my favorite pastors (i've heard like hundreds of his sermons and i love them!). and i got to that point where smelling coffee and cinnamon, enjoying the comfy seat, listening to a sweet song and reading a passage about Jesus's love for us.. it all just caught me unprepared for such an overwhelming joy and thankfulness. and i burst into tears. in public. now, don't get me wrong, i'm a really joyful person.. but then again, i'm a major weeper too (i like to say this with a strong british accent - majoh weepah.. say it like that! it's fun :D; there's a story behind this that includes my great friend Jess :)). i haven't cried for a long time though - until today. you know, it just hit me. i AM loved. I am loved. i am LOVED. wow. i don't know if you ever feel that way. that for no particular reason, you are suddenly so happy that you want to hug the whole world around you. I AM LOVED. by the Creator of the universe. seriously, that's a big deal. :D anyway, i don't think that many people noticed the tears. since those were the tears of joy, they were quickly replaced by a huge smile. :)

it's fun to see how when you're joyful and smile at people, it's like a weird infection that causes other people brighten their faces as well. and the annoyed barista, the tired shop assistant, the busy businessman frowning on everyone.. when they catch a smile on somebody's face, they seem to feel better, they smile too, and you can even catch a sparkle in their eyes as they see that not everything around is just stressful. 

i love having this peace inside in the middle of the chaos in the crowded Prague. and i love seeing how God can use me to brighten up this tiny piece of world around me. i mean, not every day is as bright as this one and hard things are always waiting for you just around the corner.. but what i'm trying to say here is that God is THE source of joy that can change stuff, because it doesn't depend on our own capabilities and reasons to rejoice. i have a few big scars on my heart too, but hey, scars are a good thing! because they show that any wound, no matter how deep, how painful, how old, can be healed. :) and so i'm just thankful for everything and everyone that came my way in the past, and i'm excited for everything that is to happen in the future. and if you wanna join me and know little pieces of my journey now and then, just come back here sometimes and you may read about it. :)


hope you have a great day too! :)

oh, and a random thought for the end - why do they make the inside of the shoes/purses/wallets SO cute? i just feel sorry then that i can't see it when i'm wearing that stuff. :D by the way, these are the shoes that caused me to change my plans today. :D love them! :)


8 comments:

  1. I found that Doctor Who and Tim Keller are good influence on one's life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this made me smile and laugh and praise God for what He is doing in your life. love this, Babu. and love YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! Love this. :) I miss your smile. Cute shoes! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh my dear!! i miss YOU! i'm glad you enjoyed reading this :) love you,friend!!

      Delete
  4. Aww. i found myself crying when reading this. : ) and yes, these are the tears of joy. the moment when something is so very beautiful that there is nothing left then to cry in order to express your emotions. i love that. thats maybe when i cry a lot too. its nice to read your posts and getting to know you better. i am actually finding lots of things that we have in common : ) love that" love you. Thanks for these posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwwww thank you so much :) love you! and i'm glad i'm not the only one in these things :D yay for majoh weepahs! :D :*

      Delete